Mildred Nelisiwe Oliphant, Minister of Labour, published the proposed amendments in the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Bill, 2018 for public comment
|The Bill intends making changes regarding:
- The definition of an employee and employer.
- The meaning of the Financial Year will change from the current (March to February) to the first day of April in any year and the last day of March in the following year
- The insertion of a definition for remuneration.
- The provision for rehabilitation facilities, services and benefits.
- The provision for the regulation of the use of health care services.
- The provision for the re-opening of claims.
- Provision of criminal and administrative penalties.
- The regulation of compliance and enforcement, the provision for a no-fault based compensation system and matters connected in addition to that.
- The replacement of the concept ‘mandators’ with those of ‘contractors’ and ‘sub-contractors’.
- The inclusion of domestic workers.
Read the full government notice here
Contact us for further information