SA PAYROLL ASSOCIATION REPRESENT THE PAYROLL PROFESSION IN SOUTH AFRICA
BECOME A MEMBER AND ENJOY SOME OF THE MANY BENEFITS ON OFFER, KEEP UPDATED WITH THE LATEST LEGISLATION BY ATTENDING ONE OF THE MANY TRAINING COURSES-
29th June Johannesburg Emoluments
Magistrates Court Act
EAO’s – current position
Debt in SA and impact on Payroll
How to manage EAO’s in Payroll
New Legislation 975.00 (Morning)
Should you wish to get more information or book for this course click here
NEWS FROM SA PAYROLL ASSOCIATION
COID Salaries Ceiling: This has increased to 403 500.00 with effect 1 April 2017
COID Compensation Benefits: Increased effective 1 April 2017. The details can be seen here
UIF: Still no increase in the earnings contribution side of UIF.
SA PAYROLL ASSOCIATION
The Directors of the South African Payroll Association are excited to announce the SAPA Conference 2017, scheduled for:
6 – 7 September 2017 at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg, 12 September 2017 in Cape Town and 14 September 2017 in Durban.
Budget 2017 Tax Guide
This SARS pocket tax guide has been developed to provide a synopsis of the most important tax, duty and levy-related information for 2017/18
Who is a Provincial Tax Payer?
Retirement fund lump sum benefits consist of lump sums
from a pension, pension preservation, provident, provident
preservation or retirement annuity fund on death, retirement
or termination of employment due to attaining the age of
55 years, sickness, accident, injury, incapacity, redundancy or
termination of the employer’s trade.
Click here for the full Budget 2017 Tax Guide
Updated Tax tables 2017 and Tax rebates for the period from 1 March 2017 to 28 February 2018
- Subsistence allowances
- Meals and incidental costs, an amount of R397 per day is deemed to have been expended.
- Incidental costs only, an amount of R122 for each day which falls within the period is deemed to have been expended.
- Where the accommodation to which that allowance or advance relates is outside the Republic of South Africa, a specific amount per country is deemed to have been expended. Details of these amounts are published on the SARS website under Legal Counsel / Secondary Legislation / Income Tax Notices / 2017
What to do if you find out there may be Tax or Custom Crime happening in your workplace –
REPORT A TAX OR CUSTOMS CRIME
SARS wants to make reporting a tax or customs crime easy for you. If you want to see what they consider a suspicious activity click here. They have even created an online form for you to complete.
SARS – TAX CRIME AND CUSTOMS CRIME
What do you need to get together before you start?
- It’s useful if you have an ID number; Tax Reference number of the person you are reporting. But it’s not essential. Even a car registration number will help
Wholesale and Retail Wage Increase is effective from the 1st February 2017, read below on who this applies to.
Sectoral Determination 9: Wholesale and Retail Sector
The employment of all wholesale and retail workers are governed by this legislation.
- minimum wages
- working hours
- number of leave days
- termination rules
- warehousing, or
- distribution operations.
- another sectoral determination, or