COIDA financial year-end procedure important dates! Read the atatched document for more information on the COIDA financial year-end issues by the Department of Labour.
COIDA FINANCIAL YEAR-END DATES AND GENERAL COIDA INFORMATION
What is COIDA?
all employers; and casual and full-time workers who, as a result of a workplace accident or work-related disease:
- are injured, disabled, or killed; or
- become ill.
- workers who are totally or partially disabled for less than 3 days;
- domestic workers;
- anyone receiving military training;
- members of –
- the South African National Defence Force, or
- the South African Police Service;
- any worker guilty of wilful misconduct, unless they are seriously disabled or killed;
- anyone employed outside the RSA for 12 or more continuous months; and
- workers working mainly outside the RSA and only temporarily employed in the RSA.
Read below for simple step-by step instructions of processes and procedures
- How To Claim from the Compensation Fund if you are a Worker
- All workers must report all accidents or disease to their employers immediately, and submit forms from their doctor.
- How To Pay the Compensation Fund
- The Compensation Fund sends employers a notice of assessment indicating the amount payable.
- How To Register with the Compensation Fund
- All employers must fill in and send forms with a copy of the registration certificate of the Registrar of Companies or their ID document to register with the fund.
- How to Report an Occupational Accident with the Compensation Fund if you are an employer
- Employers must send the necessary forms with the doctors report to the Compensation Fund when accidents occur.
- How To Report an Occupational Disease to the Compensation Fund if you are an Employer
- All employers must report all occupational diseases within 14 days.
- How To Submit Earnings Statements to the Compensation Fund
- The Compensation Fund sends earnings statement forms to employers every year. Employers must fill in the forms and send it back to the Fund.
Do you require assistance with COIDA or any government returns? Pay Solutions have over 30 years payroll experience offering a seamless solution to all HR and Payroll Services