Its that time of the year again when Employment Equity Deadline 2015 is looming and reporting is required to be submitted to the Dept of Labour. This is only applicable if the company is a designated employer, the deadline for submission is the 15th Jan 2016, no late submissions or changes after this date will be allowed. If you haven’t started preparing for submission there is still enough time to contact us and find out how we can make the submission as painless as possible.
If you are a designated Employer and do NOT submit your reports by the 15th January 2016 you face a penalty of R1.5m or 2% of company annual turnover whichever one is the greater.
Do you know if you are a designated Employer? Find out for certain to ensure you have enough time for submission in order to stay on the right side of the law.
Employment Equity Deadline 2015
The Employment Equity Act states the following regarding designated employers:
- All designated employers with 50 or more employees.
- Employers with fewer than 50 employees who are designated in terms of the turnover threshold applicable to designated employers (Schedule 4 of the Employment Equity Amendment Act No. 47 of 2013).
- Employers who have become newly designated on or after the first working day of April, but before the first working day of October, must only submit their first report on the first working day of October in the following year.
- Employers who voluntarily wish to comply in terms of section 14 of the EE Act.
- All designated employers must report annually irrespective of their size.
- Manual and posted EE Reports will not be accepted after 1st October 2015.
- EE Reports will not be accepted by fax or email.
- Check for incomplete sections or sections with errors.
- In the case of Online submission, complete and finalise corrections in the EE Reports by no later than 15 January 2016.
- Do not forget to press the submit button when your report is complete.
- No Changes are allowed after submission.
- A copy of the EEA2, EEA4 and the acknowledgement letter will be emailed to you after successful submission.
- If you have not received the EE reports and acknowledgement letter in your Inbox, please check in the Junk mail/Spam folders (Move mail from the Junk mail/Spam folders to Inbox before opening the attachments).
The Department of Labour EE system portal https://ee.labour.gov.za/dmiso/
Pay Solutions HR Consultants can assist with this daunting process, they will guide you to ensure your company is compliant in all areas of Employment Equity including setting up a committee, analysing workforce profiles, occupational level analysis and more…