Department of Labour to start national Employment Equity roadshows with stakeholders to strengthen EE implementation and compliance mechanisms
The Department of Labour’s Employment Equity (EE) Directorate is set to kick-start the annual national Employment Equity roadshows to strengthen Employment Equity implementation and compliance mechanisms on Monday (15 August 2016) at the Hotel Promenade in Mbombela (Nelspruit), Mpumalanga Province.
The aim of the workshops nationally is to create awareness on compliance with the Employment Equity Act.
The EE roadshows will be held under the theme: “Transformation – makes business sense”. The objectives of the stakeholder workshops is:
· To publicize the department’s Code of Good Practice on Employment of Persons with Disabilities;
· To gather public comment on the Draft Amended Code of Good Practice on the Preparation of EE Plans
· To publicize the 2016 EE Online Reporting
· To publicise the 16th Annual Report and the 2015 EE Public Register
· To present current Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) cases on Equal Pay for Work of Equal Value
The EE workshops are open to human resource executives and practitioners; assigned senior EE managers/transformation managers; EE Forum members; academics’; trade unions and employees.
According to the 16th CEE Annual Report in 2015, a total of 25 030 Employment Equity reports were submitted compared to 24 291 reports in 2014, representing a slight increase i.e. three percent.
Employers (companies, government departments etc.) are as per the EE Act obliged to submit annually to the Department of Labour their employment equity reports in regard to demographic profiles, gender representation and EE plans on how to address discrimination and inequity in the workplace.
Since the enactment of the Employment Equity Amendment Act on 1 August 2014, all designated employers as well as those who reports voluntarily are required to report annually in terms of Section 21.
The EE roadshows sessions will be held as follows:
· 17 August 2016 – Orion Hotel, 1 Donkerhoek, Rustenburg in North West Province
· 18 August 2016 – Horseshoe Inn, 100 Memorial Road, Kimberley in Northern Cape
· 22 August 2016 – Fusion Boutique, 4 Schoeman Street, Polokwane in Limpopo
· 24 August 2016 – Sun Windmill, corner N1 Highway & Jan Pierrewiet Avenue, Bloemfontein in Free State
· 29 August 2016 – Southern Sun, 45 New England Road, Pietermaritzburg in KwaZulu-Natal
· 30 August 2016 – Olive Convention, 18 Somtseu Road, Durban in KwaZulu-Natal
Venues for the rest of the Employment Equity roadshows will be confirmed in due course. The EE national roadshows presentations will be held from 09:00-14:00.
Meanwhile, the EE Online and Manual reporting season opens on 01 September 2016.
Pay Solutions highly qualified HR Consultants can assist with all aspects of HR including Employment Equity Submissions. Give us a call today!