The Department of Employment and Labour has published a notice to all employers, informing them that the date for the submission of the 2020 Return of Earnings has been extended to 31 May 2021.
The portal for submitting the returns will be opened as of 01 April 2021 - 31 May 2021.
Each industry is given a percentage that has to be calculated on employee taxable earnings with the current maximum being R403 500.00 per annum or (R33 625.00 per month).
Earnings to be included in the COIDA (WCA) Return are:
- Regular Overtime.
- Bonuses of a regular nature e.g. (Annual Bonus)
- Commission of a regular nature.
- The cash value of food and quarters provided to employees as part of their remuneration package.
- Cash value of fringe benefits - company car, accommodation, reduced rates etc.
- Earnings / Drawings paid to working Directors of a Company or Members of a Close Corporation
When completing the COIDA (WCA) return the following information is required by month;
- Actual earnings for the month, head count (Directors & Members in separate column).
- Project earnings and head count for the coming year.
Pay Solutions will complete and ensure that your return is completed and submitted to the Commissioner, once a Director of the respective company has approved the declaration.